Monday 20 May 2013

Punch Art Lion

Our friend recently turned 4 years old and he LOVES animals. He is always pretending to be in a zoo and gets his mom to feed the animals :) I thought he would enjoy this punch art Lion card. It's adapted from a few different lions I saw by Patty Bennett, Jackie Topa, and some random google finds. 

Here's what I came up with:

Fun, hey? I think he's pretty cute! I brayered the background with So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, and Tangerine Tango classic ink. The grass is just a chunk of Old Olive and I used paper snips to make some tall grass and I sponged just a bit for definition (although it's not very noticeable in the photo).

For Monsieur Lion, I cut out two large flowers using the Fun Flowers Bigz Die in Tangerine Tango. I sponged the edges with coordinating ink. His head is a 1 3/4" circle of So Saffron. The ears are 1/2" circles, the eyes are from the Owl punch, and same with his pupils. His jowls/cheeks/what are those things? are from the 3/4" punch (same with his feet). The little heart nose is also from the owl punch. Then I just used a Basic Black Stampin Write marker to freehand a little mouth and his whiskery whiskers, along with his paws. Sponging makes all the difference in bringing this cute lion to life!

Feel free to leave a question or comment :) I love REAL comments, instead of all the spam ones I get!

Enjoy,

Tamara


 

5 comments:

  1. Rebecca Hendricks20 May 2013 at 15:19

    Oh my goodness, Tamara! That is so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I don't have the Fun Flowers die but I could probably achieve the same effect with the Flower Framelits, couldn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rebecca! It was neat seeing him come to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I'm sure you could use the Floral Framelits. There are some similar shapes that would work just as well :) Thanks for your comments! It's so nice to see "real" people as opposed to all the spam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eunice Stoneman28 May 2013 at 18:31

    This lion is soooo cute. I am going to have to try to make one like this for my grandson, he will love it!

    ReplyDelete