Saturday 17 August 2013

The Building Phase

On a beautiful sunny day, the walls started going up! Some time has elapsed (as you can see by the flowers and leaves peeking through on the pear trees in the background).  Winter finally left (it needed a good swift kick) and spring is springing! I think our family of 4 was just headed out for a bike ride up at the KVR Trestles in Myra Canyon - it's SO beautiful! 

Just as we were getting ready to leave, the crew asked JP to help them raise a wall. 

Check out those studs! (The human stud is my husband!)

 

He's holding the future window section here. This window will look into our yard, towards our door. It's nice as I can look outside to see what the kids are doing ;)

Once the frame was done, the roof went on. I don't think I've EVER been so excited about a roof. It started to really resemble a building which was pretty exciting in my books!
The roof is a nice grayish tone.  The ceilings inside are 9ft (I think - maybe 10) so it feels roomy.  They'd started to put the plywood on the sides and once that was complete, it was on to the insulating! We hired out for this as it's a yucky job. 

It's also not overly exciting to take photos of, so this is it. One lone photo. The room is stuffed and wrapped and ready for drywall! I didn't take any photos of the rest of the process. A lot of the next steps happened while I was at work so I didn't have a chance.  I guess I'll just have to show the after photos....next time!

Be sure to check back to see the finished room! Eek! I can't wait to show you!!

Hope you're enjoying the reveal!

Tamara

P.S. Be sure to check out the new challenge blog - As You See It Challenge and LIKE us on Facebook!

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment