Friday 27 September 2013

AYSI Challenge #004

Week 4 coming your way! Amanda is doing such a great job designing these sketches! I've been so inspired and look forward to each new challenge!  

Here's this week's sketch: 


 I really loved the bicycle image from last month's My Paper Pumpkin and so I used it in this week's challenge.  I'd seen a technique call motion stamping so I thought I'd give that a try. 

 It was actually a happy coincidence that this card worked for this sketch! I had been surfing Pinterest for some ideas for my monthly technique class and this is sort of a collaboration of a bunch of things I liked from various cards! 

First of all, I love these colours! Coastal Cabana and Basic Gray. Yum! 

Second, that RIBBON! Some people don't like this ruffle stretch trim ribbon. I think maybe they should play with it a bit more! It's gorgeous to just add that "something special". 
The "thank you so much" stamp is also from the My Paper Pumpkin kit. I paper snipped it out and then cut out a few extra. Quick tip: stamp on the other colours, snip out, and flip over! So much easier than trying to trace or snip without some guidelines.   The three pennants are held together with a little silver brad.


One more view cuz it's just SO fun! Motion stamping is fairly simple. Ink your stamp once and stamp your paper. Then quickly stamp again and again without reinking.  This provides the fade or look of motion to your image. Give it a try, it's a quick and easy technique with great results!

Hope you've enjoyed this week's sketch! Be sure to play along with us :)

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Sets: August My Paper Pumpkin kit

Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray classic ink
Accessories: Coastal Cabana Ruffle stretch trim, silver mini brad
Tools: Big shot die cutting machine, Honeycomb TIEF
Other: Dimensionals, paper snips, glue dots, Snail adhesive


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, this one is so cool! I love the bike in motion!

    ReplyDelete