Friday 13 September 2013

AYSI #002

I love, love, LOVE this sketch! So much fun!! I made a goal for myself this Stampin' Up! year that I would use more Designer Series Paper.  So far, I am managing to use it on most of my projects as of late!! Today is no exception! I love how the numbers from the Soho Subway DSP pack are an important element of today's card. Fitting for a birthday, I think!

Here's the sketch:

AYSIChallenge002
And here's my take:

I hesitated ordering Positively Chevron (that gumbo background stamp) as I wasn't sure the chevron pattern would stick around. I'm still not "positive" it will, but I couldn't hold myself back any longer. I have a thing for chevrons.  To get the worn look, I inked up the entire stamp (it's a big one) and then just dabbed it with a scrap of paper. Lightly in some places, more pressure in others. This gave it an uneven, slightly worn effect. Easy peasy.

I also chose to use linen thread as the vertical piece of the sketch as I didn't want to cover up any of those gorgeous numbers. I'm planning to recreate multiples of this card (it didn't take long) to give to our church's Kid's Birthday Ministry. We send out over 200 cards a year to each and every child who has a birthday! We have a great team of about 8 ladies, I think ;) 

...And that sweet little cupcake. Here's your closeup, Cupcake..



Again I used Sketched Birthday on this project. I've really been drawn to that set lately. The sketchy images are just fun, I suppose. I used Stampin' Write markers to colour the image Early Espresso and Crisp Cantaloupe. I pulled those colours from the Soho Subway DSP. That's a great way to coordinate your card. Just use the same colours as your DSP. 

Here's one more view, just because it's fun:


Hope you enjoy the sketch challenge and that the Design Team entries inspire you to create something you love!!

Have a fun & creative weekend!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Set: Sketched Birthday, Positively Chevron

Card stock: Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla, Soho Subway DSP
Ink: Summer Starfruit Classic Ink Pad, Crisp Cantaloupe and Early Espresso Stampin' Write markers
Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" scallop circle punch
Accesories: Basic Pearls, linen thread
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge, Snail Adhesive

1 comment: