Friday 24 January 2014

As You See It Challenge #021 (Sweet Baby)



I've been having lots of fun playing with my new stamps from the 2014 Occasions Catalogue. What's on your "must have list" of new products??

As soon as I saw the cute images in Baby, We've Grown, I knew it needed to be added to my collection. Those cute grumpy owls (they're not meant to look grumpy, but they kind of do!) and that adorable little bunny were destined to be brought to life. 

This weeks' As You See It Challenge features a focal point right smack in the middle. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to break out some new rubber!

Here's the sketch that the lovely Amanda has designed:


Lots of fun! I have to admit, I didn't adhere to the shapes of the challenge, but the general idea is definitely the same.  I don't have all of my supplies with me so I had to just use what I have and this is what I came up with:

I didn't have a scallop square or rectangle so I went with the Deco Labels Framelits.  I had been antsy to use the new Arrow TIEF (textured impressions embossing folder) so I broke that out for the background of that. It's cut out and embossed on Smoky Slate card stock.  I then used the Circle Framelits to cut out that circle of DSP from the Fresh Prints paper stack. Love the fun and sassy designs in that super stack of paper!


I also used the new Fringe Scissors for the first time, too! I've seen some really cute cards using them on Pinterest so I'll hopefully be making lots of fringe-filled cards! The three red candy dots are in place of the sentiment on the sketch. I've been quite taken with Real Red and Coastal Cabana paired together. I'm not normally a red person, so I find this kind of odd, but fresh and new at the same time!

Now comes the best part!  Look at that rabbit! Isn't he the cutest??? I've fallen in love with him! I stamped him in Jet Black StazOn ink and then coloured him in with an aquapainter and Basic Gray and Coastal Cabana ink.  I went around the outline very lightly with crumb cake to create a bit of dimension. Then I added some beneath as well to ground the images. 


He even looks kind of fuzzy. I want to pluck him off the card and give him a good cuddle!


Here's a last look at the completed card.  what's your favorite addition? The candy dots? The fringe? Mr. Rabbit?  I'd love to hear your comments!

Enjoy and be inspired!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment