Saturday 2 February 2013

Feeling Sentimental "Hello"


Aren't you loving the FREE products you can get through Sale-a-bration!?! There's a reason why it's Stampin' Up!'s most wonderful time of the year!! As soon as I saw all the amazing products, I KNEW I had to get Feeling Sentimental first!! I love the sketch images and the vintage feel they lend.

I participated in a Technique Swap at Leadership Conference in Orlando last month and this was one of the swaps I created. It's an original Tamara Creation. (I'm always just a little more proud of those kinds of cards!)

I chose to do the Faux Mosaic technique which I've shared about before here. Quick tutorial:

1. Create a mosaic stamp using left over rubber bits from your stamps. Cut a TON of little pices all with straight sides. Curvy is a no-no. Mount all of those itty bitty pieces onto a clear block (if using clear stamp rubber bits) or a wood block (if using wood block rubber bits).

2. Stamp your image in Black StazOn and colour with your choice of colouring tools. I used an aquapainter and a Real Red Classic Ink pad.

3. Stamp your newly created mosaic stamp in Versamark ink and stamp over your coloured image.

4. Heat Emboss with clear embossing powder.

5.  Take a neutral (I used Soft Suede here) and a Stampin' Sponge and rub ink all over the image. Really work it into the cracks. Pretend you're doing the grout process for tiling. It helps, but is much easier.

6. Wipe the surface with a dry paper towel. This'll just clean everything up and make the image really pop.




The next step was just embellishing.  I added a flattened bottle cap, some red taffetta ribbon and the sweet new embroidery textured impressions embossing.
I'd love to see what you create using this technique, so feel free to leave me a comment with a link to your blog or online galllery. 

Tamara 

Stampin' Supplies:
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Parker's Patterns DSP.
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental, Ciao Baby.
Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy Classic Ink, Versamark.
Embellishments: Bottle Caps, Real Red Taffetta Ribbon.
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Embroidery TIEF, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder.


2 comments:

  1. I love this look combined with this stamp. Fabulous colours and layout and a great placement for the embellishment. Thank you for sharing this technique. I will CASE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I fell in love with this set as soon as I laid eyes on it! It's just so versatile. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete