Wednesday 27 February 2013

Shabby Chic

I somehow lost track of the days! Is it really Wednesday already? 

I have a shabby chic card to share with you today. I wasn't really all that sure what exactly classified a card as shabby chic, but I googled it (trusty ol' Google) and I found out that it's usually to do with making something new look old. Fairly simple. I also read that mixing neutrals (like whites and creams together) is another way to make something shabby chic. I did a little of a lot of things on this card as you'll see.


I saw this card on Pinterest and loved it! I changed some things up, but not much. The paper doily and the flourish pattern in the designer series paper really struck me as being vintage and lending the "old" feel to the card. Some newer elements, like the soda pop top, bring a modern take to this card. I also like how the neutrals are mixed. It's not often that I use both Very Vanilla and Whisper White on a card, but here I did and I like it!

Are you tired of seeing projects from me featuring the Chevron TIEF? (waits for response) Good! I love it and I know you're planning to add it to your wishlist just because of how versatile it is.

Hope you've enjoyed your time visiting my Sweet Stampin' Spot today!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Set: Collage Curios
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Poetry Prints DSP stack
Ink: Gumball Green & Raspberry Ripple classic ink
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Chevron TIEF, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1" circle punch, paper snips
Accessories: Paper Doily, Basic Jewel Rhinestone




No comments:

Post a Comment