Thursday 22 March 2012

Mojo Monday - A Baby Card



I decided to play along with the Mojo Monday Challenge this week! I really enjoy these challenges as it helps me to create a unique card rather than CASEing all the time! 

Here's the sketch:




 

Here's my take:

I needed to make a card for a brand new baby that was born in our church so thought I'd use the challenge as a starting place. I knew I'd use the Nursery Nest DSP as I'm making some coordinating photo blocks as part of the gift. I'll be sure to post photos when I have those completed too!

Baby Girl came a week late so the sentiment on the card fits perfectly! She was definitely So Worth the Wait! I stamped the Baby Bundle stamp in behind the sentiment using Blushing Bride Classic Ink. It adds another baby element and fills up all that white space.

I didn't want the card to be overwhelmingly girl, but I wanted it to hint at girl, so I paired the Pink Pirouette background in the DSP with some Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, and Concord Crush accents. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Let me know your thoughts!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Word Play, Baby Bundle (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Versamark, Blushing Bride Classic Ink
Card Stock: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Marina Mist, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Nursery Nest DSP
Accessories: Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Black Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Floral Fusion Sizzlit, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Scallop Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment