Saturday 9 March 2013

You are...

Does anyone else struggle with missing deadlines? I'm talking about papercrafting challenges here.  I've made a few cards for challenges but I can't seem to get the photos taken, edited, and uploaded in time. I guess that's the "challenge" part for me. 

Anyways, all that to say, I made this card for a sketch challenge but I didn't get it uploaded to the site on time so...ya. Missed it. To be honest, I can't even remember what site the challenge came from so maybe it's all for the best :)

Here's the card:


 It's pretty basic...not a lot to it but I'm so drawn to the colours. It's just Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, and Baja Breeze with a Very Vanilla panel. I'm pretty sure the stamp set is called "You Are" and I believe it's a demonstrator only stamp set. I borrowed it while at the Papercrafter's Paradise Retreat. I think it would be a great start to use for downline cards or just encouragement cards in general.
I'll have to play with these colours some more. I love how it could be a masculine card or just a soft anybody card. 
 Even the little flowers are sponged! Great technique! Easy and effective! Did I mention cheap? It's only $4.50 for a package of 3 sponges. I cut each sponge into 8 wedges which means that you can have 24 different colours of sponges and they'll only cost 18 cents each!
Ready to order? Head over to my online store and don't forget to take advantage of Sale-a-bration! There's only a couple weeks left before it's gone for another year.
Let me know what's on your sale-a-bration wishlist!
Tamara
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Set: You Are, Morning Post Alphabet
Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi Classic Inks
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla.
Tools: Itty Bitty punch pack, 1 3/4 circle punch, stampin' sponges.
Accessories: Basic pearls 

No comments:

Post a Comment