Thursday 7 March 2013

Sweet Floral

Have you ever had a mistake turn into something pretty good? That's what happened with this card.  I had planned to use this for the spotlight technique that I shared at my last technique class (post to come soon), but it just didn't look right so I tossed this aside.  I came back to it a bit later and just added some shimmer mist (alcohol mixed with a few drops of shimmer paint in one of our stampin' spritz bottles). It's so difficult to photograph shimmer but you can kind of see it. It's much prettier in person. 

I have 5 rolls of Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon so thought I had better put it to use! I like just the little snippet of ribbon adorned with an antique brad. The floral image is definitely the focal point, but it's prettied up by the presence of some satiny ribbon and delicate brad.

 Raspberry Ripple isn't high on my favorites list so I haven't used it much (if at all).  I am starting to fall for it though and love it paired with pink pirouette. I did sponge the edges of the soft suede panel with soft suede ink to soften the edges. Love that effect!

What do you think? My mistake turned intoa super quick and easy card! I estimate that if you were to CASE this, it would take you under 10 minutes to complete.  There's your challenge for the day!

Thanks for looking,

Tamara


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Floral
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede Classic Ink
Accessories: Stitched Satin Ribbon, Antique Brad, Shimmer paint, Stampin' Spritzer
Other: 75% alcohol (not for drinking-for spritzing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment