Saturday 18 February 2012

For the Newlyweds

I married into a pretty large family and it seems like someone is either 1) Graduating, 2) Getting Married, or 3) Having a baby. My husband and I were wed in 2007 and we attended 13 weddings that year (including our own). Talk about going broke. 

Anyways, I love making wedding cards and I typically will make it coordinate with the wedding colours so, once that invitation comes in, I start planning! This year there are only two weddings (along with 2 babies to come) so I should be able to handle the work load! This is NOT the card for either of the weddings we are attending but it's a favorite from the past. Fairly simple, quick, but I think it's GORGEOUS. Did I mention that you can make it fit ANY colour scheme? Just change up your base and accent colours and you've got a classy and sophisticated card made in minutes! 

Here's the scoop: Stamp the Medallion (it's a huge stamp) onto your background paper - in this case it's Whisper White card stock. Clean and dry your stamp and then ink only the center of the stamp in your accent colour. Stamp onto another piece of Whisper White. Punch it out with a circle punch (I think 2 2/2" would work well) push a purdy Rhinestone brad in and pop it up on dimensionals with some pretty gathered ribbon (remember I showed you how to do that the other day?) and she's done-zo! I love the simplicity of it. It feels clean. And classy. And just right. You could easily make this a lot more vintage too with some sponging or pulling at the ribbon to fray it a bit. 

Happy Stamping!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies: (all products are from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue)
Stamp Sets: Medallion, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Clear Rhinestone Brade, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

No comments:

Post a Comment