Tuesday 21 February 2012

Photo Wallet


Today's project is a photo wallet that I came across on Dawn Olchefske's blog a few months back. I had to change my colour scheme a little bit to suit the materials I had on hand. I love how it turned out. The colours I used are Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, and Whisper White. 
I won't give a complete tutorial because Dawn has it all available on her blog. I just wanted to show how the end result. I used Elements of Style for the background flourish and the flourish on the belly band. I stamped and embossed the flourish and after ran it through the Big Shot with the Textured Lattice embossing folder.
 I used Seam Binding Ribbon in Crumb Cake for the bow and the Trinket Key is the perfect amount of bling for this project. The 'happy I do day" stamp is from Play on Words and that scalloped circle behind was from the Perfect Pennants Extended Die for the Big Shot.

Inside the wallet is the photo book. The tabs are punched with the Round Tab and  folded over and stapled on. Textured Early Espresso card stock gives this a nice, elegant feel. There are just so many little things that add up to make this beautiful.
This is the wedding wallet open with the photo book and belly band. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or have a look at the tutorial on Dawn's blog.

And it doesn't have to be just a wedding wallet. You could make this for anything really. A baby book, a favorite recipes booklet, favorite scriptures, quotes, you name it! Whatever you want it to be, it can be!

Enjoy!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Play on Words.
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White.
Ink: VersaMark, Early Espresso.
Accessories: Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Trinket Key, Black Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestone, jumbo brads.
Tools: Round Tab Punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Heat Tool, Perfect Pennants Die, Textured Lattice embossing folder, Circles #2 die, staples, paper piercing tool, glue dots.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Tamara. Bring it tomorrow night so I can see it in detail. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete