Thursday 9 February 2012

Gnome Sweet Gnome...

 Top o' the morning to you. This is one of those stamp sets that caught my eye right away. My husband really likes garden gnomes so I was immediately thought of him when I saw it. I CASE'd this card from Heather Summers. She's the top demonstrator of the year in Canada and a REALLY, REALLY talented crafter. She also won an Artisan Award this year which is a pretty big deal! I visit her blog every day for ideas and inspiration. If she can balance her family of 4 kids, a husband, and a thriving Stampin' Up! business, then I should be able to as well! You can visit her blog at Stamp with Heather.


 This is the card I demonstrated at our technique class. I wanted to try out the girl gnome. I rushed a little bit with the watercolouring and my stamping (hence the half mushroom beneath her).  I think I'm starting to get better at watercolouring (when I take my time). I really enjoy it. The hard part to me would be drawing the image but that's the beauty of rubber stamps! The image is already there and you get to colour it however you like!
This little button from the Twitterpated collection adds a nice touch and coordinates beautifully with the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper and Pleated Satin Ribbon. 

Hope you've enjoyed the cards today. Be sure to leave me a comment!


Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Gnome Sweet Gnome (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn Solvent Ink, Blushing Bride Classic Ink, Marina Mist Classic Ink, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Riding Hood Red Classic Ink, Old Olive Classic Ink, Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker
Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Twitterpated DSP (Occasions Mini), Watercolour paper, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Twitterpated Designer Button (Occasions Mini), Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon in Blushing Bride & Baja Breeze (Occasions Mini)
Tools: Aqua Painter, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

2 comments: