Thursday 31 May 2012

Lego, anyone?

I have a history with Lego. We have this love/hate thing going on. I'm wondering how much to share as it gets complicated. I'll condense. Let's just say, my oldest brother, Dean (whom I made the panda bear card for) LOVES Lego. He's always loved Lego. From my earliest recollections as a toddler, I remember him playing with Lego and I would come and destroy. That's what I was. The destroyer. I soon earned the nickname "bad baby" which I carry to this day. Sigh.

I was elated when I saw some uber cute Lego card creations!! I'm thinking in a few years I'll have a hayday and throw Mason a LEGO themed birthday party with Lego invites, cupcakes, cakes, etc! It'll be great.

For now, here's a card I made for Mason's little buddy, Elijah who just turned 3. It was a pretty quick card and I should've added a little more to it but I was already a month late (a MONTH people) and they were coming over in 30 minutes so this is what I finished with. It's still Legoesque, but could be made a lot better. (Like with anything made of Lego, is it really ever complete? You can always build more somewhere or elaborate).

 I used DSP from Just Add Cake (which retires TONIGHT). Colours are Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait. I'm going to miss these colours. I wasn't crazy about them to begin with, but now it feels as if I'm losing a close friend. More sighing incurs.

I sponged each circle and popped them up on dimensionals. I also sponged the edges of the squares. The base is Sahara Sand (it might be Crumb Cake). I can't remember. That bottom right corner is just SCREAMING for a sentiment!!!! It's too late now. Elijah was more excited about the Firetruck DVD anyways.

Hope you like it!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment