Friday 11 May 2012

Yum! It's a Cake!

We are going to a wedding tomorrow! Yippee! I love weddings. They help me think back to my special day (almost 5 years ago) and remember the butterflies and excitement of getting ready and standing up there with your husband-to-be. I usually get a little teary eyed and extra cuddly towards my hubby. This will be a good weekend because we've been a little testy with each other lately. I think we need a holiday but it's difficult to get away with a toddler and a still nursing baby. 

Anyways, onward! Here's the card:

CASE'd from Kari Eklund
 I am absolutely in LOVE with this set: Love & Laughter. It was in the Occasions Mini catalogue but has been carried over so it's still available AND it made it in the new catalogue! Double yay! I borrowed this set from my one of my downline, Janet.  She graciously lent it to me with a request that we use it for our All Occasion Stamper's Dozen class. So we did! I precut some of the pieces as there is quite a bit of Big Shotting involved. (I precut the side of the Very Vanilla Panel with the Adorning Edgelit and the Basic Black Labels Framelit).  The cake is SO cute. It has all kinds of wedding words in it. Here's a close up:
  Isn't it cute? Those little flowers are punched from the Itty Bitty Bits punch pack (a must have).  I finished it off with the embossed edge using the Adorning Accents Embossing folder, some pearls for those little posies, and some elegant black satin ribbon (which sadly is retiring!)

If you have any questions about today's card, please leave me a comment!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Tamara

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card, Tamara. It's so elegant. I think I might use it to add to my door prize package for Glenrosa's Craft Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! It was a fun and relaxed class.

    ReplyDelete