Wednesday 2 May 2012

Punch Happy

I've now done two Technique Nights featuring Stampin' Up's great punches! This class is always a hit! I love being able to show some extraordinary ways to use aside from the usual humdrum way. I can't take credit for the idea of this card. I first saw it last year and my then sideline, Ann, made it:

 It's a butterfly using the Blossom Petal Punch (not to be confused with the Blossom Punch)! Clever isn't it? The petals are stamped with the coordinating Petals-a-Plenty stamp set and then punched out in Pear Pizzazz and again in Concord Crush. The "body" of the butterfly is also stamped and punched accordingly in Concord Crush. A piece of hemp twine or Linen thread and you've just created antennae. The butterfly itself is "floating" off the page after I curled the edges of all the wings using a bone folder and then popped it up on Dimensionals. The Scallop border punch adds a nice touch behind a piece of Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Petite Pairs (which you'll be glad to know made the cut into the next Annual Catalogue!)


Here's a closer look:

 I added some Dazzling Details to the body for a li'l shimma. (That's shimmer for those of you who didn't follow that sentence well.) 

Speaking of the Annual Catalogue....did you know that it's being released to us demo's on May 7th! AND you can get one FREE from me and I'll even have it mailed right to your door! Any order of $50 or more between May 1 - 15 will earn you a FREE new catalogue and a little somethin' somethin' from me too! I've seen the sneak peek of this catalogue and there are some real fine products!! I'm hoping to get my hands on them as soon as possible.  As soon as I'm allowed to get that catalogue into your hot little hands, I WILL! You can bet it'll be chock full of amazing ideas and samples (A-MAZ-ZING - extra emphasis on the ZING) and great new products! With a retiring list this big, there will have to be a TON of new products to drool over! So, stock up on what you must have from the retiring lists and I'll get that brand spankin' new catalogue to you pronto!

To order, go to my handy dandy online store.

Hope you like today's creation! Be sure to check back tomorrow!!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment